CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

*VINTAGE FASHION SHOW * summer 2008


Thank you to everyone who helped make this show so awesome! It all started Saturday morning when Anna Kessie, my cuz Robin and I were having one of our 'Vintage Clothing Sales' and we casually threw the idea around of having a fashion show the following Thursday. We then asked customers if they wanted to model in the show and after they told their friends we had 16 models and a total of 51 outfits in the show.
We sent out a mass text and made flyers in hopes that someone would come. Then the amazing MARK LEE came and took some pictures at the show. Lo and behold, he turned the event into a High Fashion shin-dig! Check out the MASTERS' handy work I found on www.holladayphoto.com. Here are 2 of the pictures from the event.

The model above is Angie wearing a 'Jackie Kontoes' original. This is my 'Lucy' dress.

The pic below is of 10th grader Kallie Hancock wearing a 'Delmer Vintage' dress. Delmer Vintage is Anna & Zane Kessie's vintage clothing line. They sell on eBay if you would like to check out their threads. I am 28 and Kallie is 14... she is exactly half my age and yet SHE is my idol! SHE RIPS!!!!!!



Thanks again everyone for coming and helping. We should have a bigger one in Sept!


Here are a few behind the scenes pics:



You will need to turn your head sideways to watch this video of baby J groovin'

6 comments:

jack+alli said...

i'll just pretend i was there. that looks like so much fun!

Anna K. said...

Jackie you are so good at making things happen!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

You are so creative...That looks so fun!

lindsey said...

My favorite dress was the Lucy dress you made, VERY CUTE!!

Dickson Family said...

Hey Jackie, The fashion show looked amazing, I wish I could have been there. The denim dress in the first photo is sooo cute. Did you already sell it? If not let me know and I would love to make a purchase. Now it's time to move to the next level and get a website going so all of us Californians have a chance to get a "Jackie Kontoes original." Keep up the amazing work, we miss you!!! Loves, Dicktoes family

Busy B Preschool said...

Those clothes look awsome, and what a cool little skater girl.