CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

I've been lazy about posting stuff...


So, a few weeks ago we had a YM/YW "Academy Award" themed Senior Dinner Party. My class was in charge and we went over board with fun! The seniors met at my house to get hair and make-up done by Robin and her friend Kristen. Then I rented a Cadillac and picked them up from my house and dropped them off in front of the chruch where all of their families were waiting as paparazzi. The celebrity seniors then worked it down the red carpet. I had an orchestra version of "Hooray for Hollywood" playing in the background.










After the red carpet we had a fake awards ceremony hosted by Chaka Khan's half sister from New Zealand, Chaka Can! She was dressed in a sequin dress with a light brown fro wig. It was hilarious. The seniors received awards for silly things that they had done in their life. For example: Janessa Orme was in a bus accident with her waterpolo team a few months back and she was one of the more injured people on the bus so her award was for "Best stunt woman: in her role as the Kahuku Bus waterpolo accident victim." Each senior talked about their future plans and then we showed a slide show of their lives. The guests filled their stomaches with Lasagna and Garlic Bread.


Then we had everyone head over to the relief society room for " Chaka Can's After Party". We had cake and dancing. I made a music mix with songs from every era so that all ages could enjoy. It was so fun!


Can you see our Bishop gettin' funky with his back facing the camera.

3 comments:

Hanna said...

I found your blog...I like what I see.

Heidi and Rich said...

That sounds so fun!! The Seniors must have loved it. Who is Katie's dad that works with Gladys Knight - is it Bro. Benson? If so he is our high councilman - if not it was worth a shot!!! You are so funny. I always thought you were funny but your blog just solidifies it for me!!

Rach said...

Wowzers!! Next time I plan a YW/YM activity I am definitely giving you a call.